The Institute of legislation and comparative law under the Government of the Russian Federation, the Institute of philosophy, Russian Academy of Sciences, St. Petersburg State University ("Higher School of Journalism and Mass Communication" Institute) and Media Linguistic Commission at the International Slavic Committee invite you to take part in the 3d International Scientific Conference “Language, Law and Society in the coordinates of the mass media”, which will be held in Moscow at 25-26 September, 2019.
The conference is aimed at attracting the attention of researchers, teachers, and students to the functioning of the Russian language in the media as a means of expressing Russian statehood and citizenship; updating professional contacts, cooperation in research and professional activities, support for professional, journalistic and scientific communication related to the functioning of the language in the media space.
The conference focuses on current state and perspectives of the research, dedicated to the functioning of the language in mass media.
Within the framework of the conference, round tables, panel discussions and workshops will be held.
Main thematic fields for discussion:
1. The language of the law: traditions and innovations in the era of globalization.
2. Mediatization of legal discourse: main problems.
3. The media space as a territory of conflict-generating risks.
4. Legal and ethical regulation in the verbal behavior of media person.
5. Social stratification and differentiation in media discourse.
6. The reflection of social conflicts in media speech.
7. Social values in the axiological sphere of modern media.
The working program of the conference:
24.09.2019 - Arrival of the conferees
9:00-10:00 – Registration of the conferees, breakfast
10:00-13:00 – Opening of the conference, plenary session
13:00-14:00 – Lunch
14:00-18:00 – panel discussions, round tables
11:00-13:00 – panel discussions, round tables
13:00-14:00 – Lunch
14:00-17:00 – Closing of the conference, plenary session
17:00-18:00 – Dinner, departure of the conferees
Conference languages: Russian, English and Slavic languages.
The details are in the attached file.